Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Coco Orange Pound Cake |可可香橙磅蛋糕
The fruits storing in my fridge is getting more and more since someone at home starting to 拜拜 (praying). Both the monsters are falling into sick, so I am the only 1 in charge to finish the fruits.
In fact, I wanted to bake a chocolate cake. But since the oranges are full in the fridge, thus I give a reason to bake this cake.
This is my 1st attempt to modify the original recipe. I am very satisfied with the outcome. Nevertheless, I think can still improve further. I will bake this again and will add in 50ml milk into the coco batter.
200gm cake four
4 eggs ( I use large egg )
Orange juice from I big size orange
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp coco powder – non sweet
1. Preheat oven at 180c. Line the bottom of 8”inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Sift together flour and baking powder and add in salt. Set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
4. Add in egg one by one. Beat well before add in each.
5. Add in vanilla and beat well.
6. Sift in flour and beat until smooth batter.
7. Divide the batter into 2 portions and each portion add in coco powder and orange juice.
8. Pour coco batter into the pan and level it before pour in orange batter.
9. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let sit until cool, at least 30 minutes and then remove from pan.