Sunday, February 3, 2013
Chinese New Year 2013 | Traditional Butter Cookies
Before start, let’s me share some extra info with you.
According to wiki, butter cookies also known as Sablés which is a Danish biscuit. It should be unleavened cookies consisting of butter, flour and sugar. Ordinarily it is needed to chill the dough to enable proper manipulation and handling.
I believed, butter cookies are well acceptable by most of people. I like those butter cookie will rich of butterfly favor. In fact, I had tried few recipes and end up with this which I like the most and would like to share with you.
I have adopted from Martha and did some modifications.
250g unsalted butter
⅔ cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
2½ cup flour
1 tbp milk powder
1 tsp salt
some sugar for rolling
1. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add egg and vanilla to combined.
3. Mix in flour, milk powder and salt. Do not over mixed.
4. Roll dough into logs and wrap in plastic wrap.
5. Chill until firm. At least 2 hours or overnight.
6. Coating the log with sugar and slice in about ¼ inch.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 160c about 12mins or until the edge turn brown.
* I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover*