Peas is very tasty for babies, in fact, it’s ready to feed when the baby is 6 months old. It’s sweet and can be accepted by most babies.
My 2 little angels like is so much and I am starting with just plain peas puree while they are still small. Time flies …..Iris already stepping in 17 months and she is starting want to act like adult especially her gor gor. She wanted to follow her gor gor while on the dinning time. She wanted to hold the spoon by herself and eat by own, however she’s still need times to practice for it and end up I have to do the cleaning work. Nevertheless, I d’t want to stop her learning path, she should given chance to explore and learn…..that’s how they growth, right?
Okay, come back to the peas. I wanted to cook something different for my kids to increase their appetite. This is the reason of this dish being created in my kitchen. The taste is not disappointing me. It’s sweet and fragrant with add on onion. Dun wait, try it out for your kid and I am sure they like it.
1 Pack of peas
3 medium size dried mushrooms
half of onion
2 bulbs garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
pinch of rock salt
1. Soak dried mushrooms, drain and squeeze a way the water. Cut in cubes and set a side.
2. Wash the peas with pinch of salt and rinse to clean. Cut in cubes and set a side.
3. Cut the onion in slice and chopped the garlic.
4. Heat the wok with olive oil and pour in chopped garlic and saute until fragrant.
5. Add in mushrooms and peas and continue saute.
6. In between add a little bit of water to ensure it's not too dry.
7. When the peas is half cooked, add in onion and saute until all are cooked.
8. Season with pinch of salt.
I usually will make some food ice cube if the dish is not finished consume in 1 time. This way also saves a lot of my time as I dun cook dish for my kids every week. Yes, I am lazy mummy :p