I always cook dish for my kids when there are run out of vege's cube for them in freezer. During Chinese New Year as too busy visiting around; i suddenly come into idea to cook this dish as these are the only ingredient in my fridge. And surprising me .......delicious!
This is definitely a delicious dish for your little loves. Once mixed with porridge, you can smell the cauliflower and bell pepper fragrant.
Cauliflower is low fat. Even it's low carbohydrates; but it's rich in fiber and vitamin c.
Same goes to bell pepper....also rich in vitamin c. If you can get red bell pepper; pls get is in priority as red bell pepper has twice the vitamin c content of green bell pepper.
Since during this CNY, i think my kids might need more vitamin C....hehe...
1 medium size green/red bell pepper
½ of medium size cauliflower
2 bulbs garlic - chopped
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Clean and cut bell pepper in small cubes and set aside.
2. Wash and rinse cauliflower and cut in bite-sized florets.
3. Heat the wok with olive oil and saute garlic until fragrant. Do not fry until it's turn brown.
4. Add in cauliflower and saute for 1-2 minutes. You may add some water if it's too dry.
5. Turn heat to medium can covered with wok's cover.
6. Pour in bell pepper when the cauliflower is half way cooked.
7. Add pinch of sea salt just for taste.
8.Saute until it's cooked and dip up.
9. Blend it for puree and mix with porridge to serve.