Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Chinese New Year 2013 | Blackcurrant Tea Cookies


Busy …busy ….and still busy! I believe whoever celebrating CNY will be busy on house cleaning and cookies baking.

Yeah….busy but still happy….excited c’t wait for CNY to come :p

In fact, I have seen Sonia post the CNY Delights since Jan….and I also was about to start my CNY cookies baking journey and start accepting orders!
Hmn.…let’s me start this with Blackcurrant Tea Cookies which was adopted from Lisa and I did some modifications.

Ingredients:
230g salted butter
½ cup sugar
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
2½ cup flour
½ tsp salt
2½ cup chopped walnut (finely)
¾ cup chopped dried blackcurrant
some extra sugar for rolling

Directions:
1. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add in milk and vanilla and mix to combined.
3. Evenly mix in flour and salt.
4. Use spatula to fold in blackcurrant and walnut.
5. Divide the batter into 2 portion and roll in 2 logs.
6. Wrap and chill for 2 hours.
7. Roll the log on sugar and cut the cookies about ¼ thick.
8. Baked in preheated oven at 160c about 12mins.


Enjoy!

* I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover *

No comments:

Post a Comment