Thursday, September 5, 2013
Chayote Black Bean Soup |佛手瓜黑豆汤
Chayote is rich nutrition if compared to it’s other gourd family like melons, cucumbers and squash. It’s calcium is 2 times than cucumber, melon and squash. Iron level is super high which 4 times of pumpkin and 12 times more than cucumber. Huh….. it’s really super food. Of course, there no reason for me d’t cook this wonderful food for my family.
From what I found in internet; this food also good for children mental development, male and female infertility and ease of elderly vision loss.
1 medium size chayote
1 medium size carrot
5 g wolf berries
50g black soya bean
1. Boil the spareribs about 2 minutes and rinse to clean with cold water.
2. Soak the wolfberries until soft and rinse to clean.
3. Soak black soya bean for about 3o minutes and rinse clean.
4. Peel the carrot and chayote and cut in chunks.
5. Add all the ingredients in 1.5 little of water and simmer for 2.5 hours.
6. Taste with some salt.