Friday, October 18, 2013

Lotus Root Mung Soup|莲藕绿豆汤


Mung bean is a great food for summer. It has high medicinal value. During the summer heat, we use to drink greed bean porridge which not only to prevent heatstroke but also Altermalisation.

In the past, I like to cook with mung bean soup but this time I would like to have a new try to cook green beans with lotus root. I did not think the taste is so good. My little Barbie doll even request me to give her eat the bean rather than the soup.



Ingredients:
500gm lotus roots, peeled and sliced
½ cup green beans, rinsed
300gm pork ribs
8 red dates
1 honey date
2 slice ginger
salt to taste

Directions:
1. Blanch pork ribs in boiling water for 2mins. Drain away water.

2. Add 2L water in a pot, bring to boil. Add in all ingredients except salt, bring to boil again. Lower heat and simmer for 1.5hrs. Add salt to taste.




No comments:

Post a Comment