Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pork Fried Mee Hoon | 红烧肉炒米粉



This is 1st time I heard and eat this fried style. There is coincidentally I have lunch with friends and they ordered this mee hoon. It’s new food to me and I am pretty sure my husband would like is as he likes this kind of pork.



Ingredients:
(Yield for 3 serving)

1 medium size can of braised pork (红烧猪肉)
Half pack Mee Hoon 
2 bulbs garlic
2 tbsp oil
2 eggs

Seasoning:
2 tbsp oysters’ sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp thick soya sauce
Some salt for taste
2 tbsp water

Direction:
1. Soak mee hoon become soft and dip up to dry.
2. Lightly stir the eggs and fry on non-stick pan, cut in egg wire and set aside.
3. Drain out the extra oil from the can of braised pork; I also removed the fat of the pork.
4. Heat the wok with oil and fry garlic until aromatic.
5. Add in mee hoon and stir fry until all coated with oil. Add some water if it’s too dry.
6. Add in seasoning and keep frying. Adjust the taste for you liking.
7. Smash the pork in chunks (optional) and add into mee hoon to fry until the sauce is getting dry.





1 comment:

  1. omg - this so reminds me of the food me mum cooked for me.... tks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete