Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Here's the simple and easy + yum yum pancake for breakfast if you have run out of idea what to eat for breakfast.
1 cup all-purpose cake flour (no need to sieve)
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp backing powder
pinch of salt
1 cup milk ( i just use low fat milk)
2 tbsp melted butter
1 large egg
1. Combine flour, backing powder and sugar. Put aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, milk and butter evenly.
3. Add in the flour mixture; whisk until just moistened (do not over mix).
You will get few small lumps....are fine.
4. Heat a nonstick pan, moisten will oil ( i just use the remaining melted butter).
Do not put much oil/butter,just very very very little.
5. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the batter in the center of the nonstick pan.
Cook until the surface of pancake have some bubbles and a few burst; around 1-2 mins.
6. Flip carefully with a thin spatula and cook until browned on the underside.
7. Serve warm, with desired topping (honey,cheese cream and this is optional)
* I use hand whisk