Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Creamy Mushroom Soup | 奶油蘑菇汤


This is my 1st attempt to try out this so called “western soup”. Apparently, it’s much different than Chinese traditional mushroom soup which is sweet and light.
This soup is delicious and packed full of mush roomy goodness. Once you have tasted this soup, you will no longer want to buy the can’s soup at grocery store!




Ingredients:
Serves: 2-3 person

30g butter
200g fresh mushroom, sliced ( I used white button mushrooms )
2-3 tbsp plain flour (adjustable to your desired thickness)
500ml chicken stock or plain water
80ml double cream ( I used cooking cream)
3 tbsp fresh milk
50ml sherry ( I d’t put as my kids will drink the soup too)

Directions:
1. In a saucepan, melt butter in medium heat.
2. Sauté onion for 1-2 minutes. Add in mushrooms and stir until tender.
3. Sprinkle flour over mushrooms.
4. Pour in stock/water, a little at a time, stirring constantly. Can stir in sherry at this time.
5. Gradually adjust the stock/water and flour to your desired thickness. Bring to boil.
6. Reduce the heat, stir in cream and milk. Heat through, without boiling.


I serve with Bruschetta





No comments:

Post a Comment