Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Potatoes sauteed with Anchovies
















This dish is pretty simple and tasty especially eat with rice! I am sure we will always keep 1 or 2 potatoes at home for dish or soup. This is happen in Chinese family. I still remember I mom will did so while I am still in secondary school. My mom will top up the dish if the dinner is not enough serve; potatoes will always the backup dish.

















I have tasted this dish in 1 mix rice stall and now I use my own ingredient to re-create this. Hmmnn…. am satisfied with the outcome.

Ingredients:
50g Anchovies
1 potatoes
2 bulbs garlic - minced
2 tbsp oil
2 tsp sugar
salt for taste

Directions:
1. Clean and rinse anchovies, pat dry with paper towel.
2. Cut potatoes in cubes and spread a pinch of salt, set a side.
3. Heat the oil and pour in garlic, saute until fragrance.
4. Add in anchovies and saute for about 1 mins, add in sugar.
5. Keep on saute until anchovies turned golden brown, dip up and set aside.
6. Using the same oil remain in the pan, saute potatoes until half cooked.
7. Pour in the anchovies and keep on stir until almost done and add in salt to taste.

















Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment