As usual, I cannot reject any cheese cake comes to me…haha!
So, am decided to make this as the New Year plus my birthday cake.
For the crust:
2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about two inner packages of graham crackers).
Chocolate cookie crumbs may be substituted
6 tablespoons butter, melted
For the filling:
500g of cream cheese
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons milk
For the toppings:
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
For the chocolate topping, combine four ounces of sweet German chocolate with two tablespoons whipping cream and one tablespoon butter. Melt in a small saucepan and stir until smooth
For the caramel topping, melt 12 caramels with 1/3 cup cream in a small saucepan, stirring until smooth.
* i replaced the caramel topping with homemade Dulce De Leche
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
1. In a nine-inch spring form pan, mix the cracker crumbs and the melted butter. Press the crumb mixture into a crust across the bottom and about one inch up the sides. Bake the crust for eight minutes.
2. In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese with the sugar. Add the flour and salt. Add the eggs, vanilla, and milk all at once. Mix until just combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Pour the filling mix into the crust.
3. Bake for ten minutes at 450 degrees. Lower the temperature to 200 degrees and bake for an additional 35 to 40 minutes or until the cheesecake filling is set.
4. After the cheesecake has cooled for ten minutes, with a sharp knife, loosen the edges of the cheesecake from the pan so that the cake will pull away from the pan as it cools. Remove the rim of the pan after it has cooled for about forty-five minutes.
5. Drizzle the cheesecake with caramel and then with chocolate. Sprinkle nuts on the cake. Refrigerate until completely cool before serving.