Each time I buy pork ribs I will just cook using steam. Steam with oyster sauce, black soy bean. I am not daring to cook with other method as not confident. When i come across this recipe…..i know I must make a change.
These days also busy days ….. busy for cny’s cookies….hehe. However, I still have to consider family’s stomach to avoid complaint :p
800g – 1kg Pork ribs
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp Shao Xing wine
2 tbsp Oyster source
1 tsp sesame oil
½ tsp salt
3 tbsp tomato sauce
1½ tbsp chili sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp Chinese five spice powder
2 tbsp water
1. Clean and wash to rinse the pork ribs, dry pad and put in medium bowl.
2. Mix evenly with marinade ingredients for at least 30 mins. ( marinade over night)
3. In another bowl, mix the sauce ingredients. Add more water if needed. Set sauce mixture aside.
4. Deep fry pork ribs until golden brown. Dish up then drain with paper towel and set aside.
5. Bring sauce to boil and pour in the ribs. Keep stirring until all ribs are well coated with sauce.
6. Dish up and serve while it’s hot.