I have baked this chiffon last year after Christmas. After so many delicious foods and I feel wanted to eat a freshly fruit cake. I am lazy to bake a complicated fruit cake, so end up this chiffon which has adopted from wendyinkk. I had made some modification hence this cake not dry.
150 ml fresh orange juice
4 eggs yolk
75 ml corn oil / vegetable oil
80 g sugar
150 g flour
1 tsp baking powder
4 eggs white
70 g sugar
pinch of cream of tatar
1. Sift flour and baking powder, set aside.
2. Eggs yolk, corn oil, sugar and orange juice - all mix evenly.
3. Combine egg yolks mixture and flour, put aside.
4. Use electric mixer, whisk egg white until frosty. Add in cream of tartar and continue beat until soft peak.
5. Gradually add in sugar and beat until stiff peak.
6. Put 1/3 of the egg white into the egg yolk batter, use spatula to fold evenly.
7. Pour the batter into the remaining egg white and fold by hand.
8. Pour the batter in to baking pan, lightly knock the pan on the table top to get smooth surface and release some gas from batter.
9. Bake in preheated oven at 180c for 45-50mins.
10. Invert the pan immediately after taken out from oven, only remove the cake when is totally cold.